Sunday, May 6, 2012

North Coast




Cody on the beach at Russian Gulch
The coast of Mendocino has a way of always making me want to go back.  I just recently returned from a trip camping at Van Damme State Park, and I'm already looking forward to my next trip up there.  

We had some great weather for this time of year with more sunny skies than rainy days.  Lots of hiking and hanging out at the beach.  I took the kayak out from the beach at the campground and had a great paddle checking out the coastline and abundance of sea caves, lots of harbor seals to with their tiny pups.  I wish I had been able to get more photos from the water.
The diving conditions were pretty good too, and I was able to pry up a few abalone that are in season this time of year, for a few really great meals.

Bridge at Russian Gulch



Big river


Cody checking out the cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment