Monday, September 16, 2013

Doves

Dove season ended yesterday while I was at work.  It's surely been a while since I've posted but It has been a busy summer.  We've done a lot of fishing, mostly rod and reel but a little spearfishing too, and a little backpacking perhaps I'll post up some pics but not right now.  I got together with friends to hit the dove opener in Bakersfield and had a great time, then was able to go out with my family(wife and dog) before the weekend to Maricopa/Cuyama where we also had a wonderful time...My wife is becoming quite the wingshooter and was able to pull off some terrific shots on a couple of doves that evaded me.


 Hunkered down in a bush waiting...and enjoying the scenic California oilfields.


 Here's my modest decoy spread, I can't believe how well it works, those delicious little birds sure are gullible!

Cody dog wiped out from the heat, lots of water and rest in the shade, we both can't wait until fall cools everything off


No comments:

Post a Comment